Compete for the ultimate bragging rights at the Mack Cycle Escape to Miami Triathlon presented by Voler! We proudly offer the Team Challenge competition – a group racing concept unique to the world of short course triathlon.
The Team Challenge is a complimentary, opt-in competition for all registered International and Sprint distance participants. Individual participants form teams, who compete using cross-country style scoring.
How It Works
Groups of 5 or more individuals form a team to compete for local bragging rights and prizes. Finish times from each team’s fastest five finishers are combined (cross-country style) into a final score.
The Team Challenge is open to individuals and triathlon teams/clubs alike. The competition is available within the International race, offering Tri Club and Collegiate divisions, plus an overall winner who will take home the Overall Team Challenge Cup (pictured below)!
*If team members do not indicate their team name within their Chronotrack Athlete Profile during registration, or fill out the form below by September 24, 2018, they will not be eligible to contribute to the team’s score.
- Teams must consist of 5 or more individuals (may be male, female or co-ed).
- Finish times from each team’s fastest 5 finishers will be combined to create a team’s final score (cross-country style).
- Teams with fewer than five people will not be eligible for competition.
- Large groups/teams/clubs with more than 10 members may create multiple teams. Example: If a club brings 100 athletes, they could create a maximum of 10 teams, each with unique names (ie. “Fast Team, Beer Team, etc.”).
- Top three performing teams in each division (Tri Club and Collegiate) with the fastest combined scores will receive awards.
- Top performing team with the fastest combined scores will take home the Overall Team Challenge Cup.
- Participating team members will remain eligible for individual age group awards.
All members of each team must indicate their team name within their athlete profile (created during registration) in order to be included in the Team Challenge.
If you are not sure if you indicated this information during registration, please fill out the form below.
*Team members must indicate their team name by September 24, 2018 in order to contribute to their team’s score.
Questions? Contact FLGroupsCharities@LT.LIFE.